Chambers and Partners has released its 2021 rankings and states that AMS is known for being: “Outstanding ITC experts with an established reputation for handling the most important investigations, acting for both complainants and defendants. Engaged by the nation’s best IP practices to act where the most valuable product lines are at stake. Superior grasp of forum proceedings extends to antidumping issues and countervailing matters. Frequently called upon by an impressive list of clients, including manufacturers in the consumer technology industry.” Clients speak highly of AMS and applaud the firm for its “strong depth of experience”.
AMS is honored to be the firm with the most attorneys ranked in the Section 337 practice area for the second year. Some of the talented attorneys representing AMS as Chambers USA’s notable practitioners include:
- Senior Statespeople: V. James Adduci II offers extensive experience litigating cases before the ITC and is particularly noted for his patent-based Section 337 practice.
- Band 1: Tom M. Schaumberg is esteemed for his decades of ITC expertise, and regularly acts on disputes relating to the importation and sale of patent-infringing products.
- “In this market, he is unmatched.”
- “He is a well-respected pioneer in the field of Section 337 investigations and knows everything about the legislation and the practice.”
- “Tom is one of the lions of the ITC and he has decades of experience in the venue.”
- Band 2: Deanna Tanner Okun draws upon her experience serving as chair of the US ITC to advise on complex Section 337 IP disputes.
- “She has a sterling reputation at the ITC.”
- “Deanna provides very good advice in a general counsel role. She also has a very good understanding of how ITC legislation is developing.”
- “She has a very good sense of the ITC, how it works and what will work there.”
- Up and Coming: Asha Allam counsels clients in Section 337 proceedings across a variety of technologies, including consumer electronics, household appliances and LEDs.
- “Asha is a good strategic thinker and takes creative positions. She is also very effective in negotiations by putting across her position in the most coherent and logical way.”
- “She is incredibly likable, which warms everyone to her, and she is extremely knowledgeable about the ITC, with phenomenal knowledge of specific ITC cases and what happened in each.”
- “Asha is incredibly thoughtful and gifted in terms of her thorough analysis.”