International trade law represents a unique intersection of law and policy, and requires attorneys with the knowledge and experience to guide clients through a changing political environment while maintaining an awareness of clients’ business objectives. AMS operates at the forefront of the intersection of trade policy and litigation, providing effective representation for businesses, trade associations, and nongovernmental organizations.
AMS attorneys understand that protecting intellectual property is key to success in the 21st Century. We provide strategic advice to help clients navigate the complex array of legal and advocacy options when the stakes are highest.
- We help clients determine the best course of action in a given situation and guide them to the most appropriate forum for their strategic benefit: the ITC, or a range of trade remedy statutes, including Section 201, Section 232, and Section 301.
- We prepare strategic plans for clients and facilitate advocacy outreach.
- Our understanding of the interconnected nature of government, business, and the private sector enables us to coordinate our clients’ efforts with similarly-aligned industry and nongovernmental partners.
Trade Policy and Government Relations
Our location in Washington, DC is ideal for serving our clients’ government advocacy needs. AMS attorneys understand the ‘wonk’ culture inside the Beltway and can translate our clients’ business objectives into actionable policy decisions.
- We monitor political and legislative developments, both domestic and international, that impact our clients’ interests.
- We prepare correspondence and issue papers for legislative and executive officials.
- Our extensive network of contacts with key decision-makers in Congress and government agencies allows us to advocate on behalf of our clients in both official and unofficial capacities.